5 tips to help you get the people you love out and active with you
February is here..and this only means one thing to me and that’s winter is coming to a close! So have you been out and been active this week? Have you tried the tips from last week’s email and got the family out and about with you?
Don’t be tempted to rest on your goals now the dreaded post Christmas push is over!
Here are another 5 tips to help you get the people you love out and active with you.
1. Have a weekly sports night Every Wednesday, for example, get everyone up and moving. One game to play is the fit-deck shuffle. Create a series of playing cards featuring family-friendly exercises, such as bear-crawling or ape-walking. Each family member picks a card and performs the exercise pictured until all the cards have been dealt. You can also buy a ready-made set of exercise cards by searching the internet.
2. Walk or run for charity Team up with your children for a fund-raising race.
3. Put kids to work in the garden Autumn brings down leaves, make a game out of catching them on a windy day. See who can catch the most yellow, orange, or red ones. Then rake them into piles (give the kids child-sized rakes so they can help) and have fun jumping in them, or take turns completely covering one another in leaves.
4. Team up for gardening Kids are great at digging up soil, so let them turn over the soil and help you plant new bulbs. Research shows that gardening is as good as weight training when it comes to preventing osteoporosis, and if you're planting vegetables, it can make them more appetizing to kids. Ask them to help water the plants. In the summer, set up a sprinkler to water the lawn and challenge kids to duck the droplets.
5. Walk the dog New research shows that dog-owners had more fun losing weight and were able to keep it off longer than non-pup-owners. Don't have a pooch? Just suggest you go "looking for dogs."
Good luck and stick at it team...you’re all really trying hard. Well done.
See you soon
“You don’t have to eat less, you just have to eat right.”
-- Do check out my Facebook page and website. They are kept up to date with health & fitness photos, special offers and recommendations. www.unicornfitnesstraining.com www.facebook.com/unicornfitness